YAPU Solutions is a young, Berlin-based fintech with strong ethical and business values. Based on decades of industry experience among the founding team, we offer consulting services in the area of climate smart finance and developed a flexible software that enables microfinance institutions to digitalize their processes and deepen customer understanding. Thereby we provide the basis for triple bottom line reporting and access to finance for smallholder farmers and microentrepreneurs in developing countries. With a second office in Ecuador, our current operations cover Costa Rica, Colombia, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Jamaica as well as Benin and Senegal.
YAPU Solutions is looking for a professional (m/f/o) with a proven track record and an entrepreneurial spirit to form a vital part of the company’s management team as:
Engineering Manager (Software)
YAPU was founded in 2017 because after years of work experience in micro- and green inclusive finance, its founders saw great potential in bringing digital solutions to the financial sector in developing countries.
Financial Institutions are crucial agents of change, especially in these countries. Oftentimes it depends on them whether a business can be started or a smallholder farmer will have a good harvest.
With our software the capabilities can be created to strengthen the risk management, capability management and data analytics of financial institutions, helping them to better understand their clients and make more informed lending decisions.
This enables the financial institutions to offer better products and conditions for their clients creating a win-win scenario.
- Sharpen and extend the company's technological vision together with the management team, thereby ensuring the long-term success of our services.
- Lead the company's technological development activities and report directly to the senior management
- Translate business requirements from global clients into actionable tasks and software requirements.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the external developer team (consisting of full-stack, front- and back-end developers).
- Continuously improve our strategy of internal and external resources for development and operations.
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, deployment and maintenance of all technical services.
- Collaborate with other areas of the company, e.g. product and business development, to align the technological long-term vision with our business strategy.
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are met.
- lmprove and supervise software development processes and quality assurance standards
- Establish and supervise internal IT processes and resources.
- A proven track record of at least 5 years of experience in a software development role or a related field with two years of leadership responsibility (preferably in a SaaS environment).
- Experience with different architectural approaches and confidence in making decisions for the long-term success of an organization with purpose.
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related field is a plus
- As an individual, you pursue a systematic, structured and reliable way of work, especially when it comes to prioritizing and thinking the "big picture".
- Experience in managing remote and decentralized teams as well as establishing and assuring highest quality standards across all services.
- You bring a mutual interest in new technologies that are capable of increasing effectiveness for us and our clients.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make solid decisions for the successful growth of the company.
Your role is critical for the future success of the company - therefore we offer:
- You receive a competitive salary package
- You are considered our top prospect for the CTO role, including stock options to the company.
- You join a company with a cause - we are guided by our mission and strive to live up to our claim "Smart finance. People first"
- You join a dynamic and young team of proven business professionals in the realm of development finance and will be in a crucial position to shape its future globally.
- You gain international exposure, with current focus on Latin America and Sub-Sahara Africa